Monday, July 9, 2012

Dreams

Let me start out by saying that I really do like my job! I know that God has placed me here for this time in my life and I am so thankful for it! However, I woke up earlier than necessary this morning dreading going to work. It is not the first time either. I know part of it is that I am not a morning person, so getting up early enough to be showered and ready to work at 8 am is not appealing to me at all, but that is not the only reason.

I enjoy what I do most days, but I sit at a computer in a cubicle and don't have much interaction with any people except the customers that call to complain. {And God has blessed me with this weird ability to talk to people who are upset that I didn't know I had until this job!} But I was not built to sit here and answer the phone and do mindless tasks for the rest of my life. I know that I am here for a reason in this time of my life, but I find myself praying more and more that this time would be ending soon and I will be able to become what I was built for very soon.

I believe that God gives us dreams so we won't get stuck in a rut with where He has asked us to be right now. He wants us to know that there is something ahead of us so we don't get too caught up in where we are now. I have big dreams! They terrify me most days because I know that I cannot accomplish these dreams in my own power and I don't like that! I like to be in control of things, or at least feel like I am in control. But with God leading my life, I don't have control and honestly I don't want to have control. If I had control of the direction of my life I would have messed it up big time already. But I have a God who wants to unfold His plan for me at opportune times so I have the courage to stick out today and the excitement to seek out what tomorrow will bring.

As much as I want my dreams to come true right now, I know that it is not possible right now and I am ok with that. I would love to have them come true in the next 11 months, but I will wait as long as it takes for the divine plan to fall together for me. I would rather wait for 100 years for what is right for me than to have something good enough right now.

What dreams has God given you? Are you strong enough to hold on until they come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment