Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jesus LOVES me. This I KNOW!

This morning I asked God to give me a verse that I needed to hear today, and He came through in a huge way! Here is the passage He gave me:

"But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you;" Isaiah 43:1-5a

This is definitely something I needed to hear! I am so blessed that God is constantly reminding me of how much He loves me and is taking care of me. The world tries to tell us that we don't matter and we have nothing to offer, so therefore we are useless. But that is not how God feels about us. In fact, the truth is that we are loved individually and personally by the One who created the entire universe and every single thing in it.

We may find ourselves in water over our heads, but God is always with us and protecting us. And we will walk through fire from time to time, but we won't be burned up. We are PRECIOUS to God. How can we ever believe we are useless when God says right here that we are precious to Him? If that doesn't encourage your soul I am not sure what would! If the world tells you that you aren't worth its time, you can look them straight in the eye and say "I don't really care if you think I'm worth your time. I am precious in the eyes of the One who created you. So there!" {Ok maybe something a little more clever than that, but you get the picture!} He has called us BY NAME!! He knows your name! I'm fired up about this!!

For too long I have believed that little nagging whisper in my mind that says that God doesn't actually care about me, because if he did he wouldn't let these things happen to me. That he doesn't love me because he has forgotten me. After reading this passage, how can I deny his love for me? He says it clear as day more than once. If someone tells you something more than once, chances are pretty good that they really mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment