Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hopes and dreams

Do you have a dream that God has given you to carry? I do. Sometimes I think that I made it up on my own. That this dream has crept into my mind on its own and God had nothing to do with it. But that is false. I believe that God has put this dream in my heart to give me hope. I have been praying for confirmation that my dream is not crazy and God came through in huge ways! I love when God comes through with a verse to speak to my situation. It makes me feel like it's more real than if someone says a certain thing to me, because human words can get mixed up sometimes but scripture endures forever and is the same today as it was 1,000 years ago.

The verse He gave me this weekend was:
Psalm 119:49-50
"Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: your promise preserves my life."

Isn't that great? It speaks directly to the hope that He has given me through the dream that has been placed in my heart. I find that it is hard to not get discouraged sometimes when you have a dream, but your hope is slipping. I believe that He gave me this dream for a reason, and that He won't dash my dreams, but when it doesn't happen right away it can be frustrating.

I heard a great quote from Oswald Chambers yesterday and it is so true of life in this time. He said, "God gives us a vision and then He takes us down to the valley to batter us into the shape of the vision, and it is in the valley that so many of us faint and give way."

I am definitely in the valley right now. I can recognize that I am not the person that I need to be to receive the vision He has given me and He is using this time in the valley to shape me into who I need to become. If you find yourself in the valley when you thought your dreams were going to come true, don't lose faith. He IS coming through, He just needs to teach you a few things in the mean time. And do everything you can to learn and accept the things He is trying to teach you so your time in the valley may be shorter!

Part of what I believe God is teaching me is how to become the woman that I need to become. Part of that is finding some women to mentor me and help teach me and shape me into who God wants me to become for the next stage of life that is coming my way. I believe that I may have found that group of women. But I will know better later this week! So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment