Thursday, February 9, 2012

We are called to wait... unfortunately.

As I have expressed before, I hate waiting more than almost anything else in my world! Through some searching, I found the following verses that remind me (sometimes nicely and other times with a slap in the face that I need) that I have to wait for His plan and trust that He knows what is best, putting my hope in Him.
Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."

Psalm 37:9 "For evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land."

Isaiah 30:18 "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"

Isaiah 51:5 "My righteousness is near, My salvation has gone forth, and my arms will judge the people; the coastlands will wait for Me, and for My arm they will wait expectantly."

 Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.”

Psalm 62:5 "My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him."

Psalm 33:20 "Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield."

Mark 15:43 "Joseph of Arimathea came, a prominent member of the Council, who himself was waiting for the kingdom of God; and he gathered up courage and went in before Pilate, and asked for the body of Jesus."

Acts 24:15 "having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked."

Titus 2:13 "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,"

Jude 1:21 "keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."

Romans 8:19 "For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God."

1 Corinthians 1:7 "so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Psalm 130:5-6 5 "I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope. 6 My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning." 

Psalm 52:8-9 "But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever. I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it, And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones."

Psalm 62:1-12 "My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken."

Psalm 37:7-9 "Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land."

Lamentations 3:25 "The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him." 

So take heart and know that waiting on the Lord is the best option you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment