Monday, August 27, 2012

I am one very blessed girl

Lately I have been learning a lot about God's unfailing love. I have been finding myself reading in Psalms quite a bit in the last few weeks. It is not an uncommon book for me to be in, but usually I have reading ADD and jump around and never really notice a common theme throughout my readings. God opened my eyes the last few weeks to the presence of his unfailing love for me (and for everyone). It seemed like everywhere I read, there it was. I love it when God does that! Not only has he been teaching me about it in his word, but in my life as well. I am so blessed and so often I don't even realize it.

This morning I had a huge blessing from God. This summer I have been wanting to go explore and travel more. I haven't gone on many vacations since I was in high school, with the exception of a mission trip and a few trips to Atlanta for a conference. Those aren't really vacations though. A vacation, to me, is relaxing and getting to do things on your own terms and see things you haven't seen before. God gave me a friend who has the same desire to travel, but I never realized it until this summer! Praise God for friends!!

This morning my friend and I bought tickets to fly into a city, spend the day, and fly home that night for $71.63! I couldn't even believe my eyes when I went to the website to buy the tickets! We were planning on driving there for the day to save some money, but the cost of gas alone would have been at least $60 for each of us, and parking in the city would have been ridiculous too! We will spend 12 hours in the city wandering and seeing the sights on the first day of fall!

I can't think of a better way to spend the day than with one of my closest friends in a city I love on the first day of our favorite season! We are so blessed!!

I also noticed while I was buying the tickets that the next cheapest flights were over $100 and heard that going later into the year, was over $200. God is so good to us! His unfailing love for us is unimaginable.

Here are a few references to the unfailing love that I have been shown lately:

Psalm 31:7
Psalm 31:16
Psalm 32:10
Psalm 33:4-5
Psalm 33:18-19
Psalm 33:22
Psalm 36:7
Psalm 52:8b
Psalm 89:1-2
Psalm 147:10-11
1 John 3:16, 18
Lamentations 3:31-33
Jeremiah 31:3-4

God loves you and me so much that he wants to bless us with the things that we desire most.
What has God blessed you with lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment