Monday, March 12, 2012

No condemnation


Romans 8:1
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
 
1 John 3:20
In whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

Isaiah 57:16 & 18
For I will not contend forever, nor will I always be angry; for the spirit would fail before me, and the souls which I have made. I have seen his ways, and will heal him; I will also lead him, and restore comforts to him and to his mourners.

If I'm being honest, something I have always battled in my life is the feeling of condemnation when I do something wrong. It could be from my early church training in a very legalistic church. I have always felt like if I do something wrong I might as well give up because God is going to be so angry with me and turn against me or something.

My head knowledge of God knows that this is not true, because I know I have a loving Father who forgives instantly and completely and has enough grace and mercy to cover over all of my sins, as well as the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross that took away my sin.

Today I am claiming these verses and will do my best to get rid of the condemnation and lay it at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment