Thursday, March 8, 2012

I will carry you and sustain you

Haven't posted in a while, so I figured now was a good time!

I have been reading through Isaiah lately and it is full to the limit of great stuff! I have learned a lot and have seen God really show up while I have been reading. He even sent me a new friend that brought up Isaiah multiple times while we chatted. I am learning that in order to be in the will of God I need to be seeking God first. Many times I misguidedly pray that God will show me what is next, when I should be spending time with God and watching as things fall into their rightful places.

Looking back on the times when I felt God pushing me toward my next adventure I realize that many times I was not struggling for it or even really looking for it. When I got the opportunity to be an intern at my church, I wasn't trying to manipulate the situation or prove that I was the right person for the job (in fact at one point I was told that I didn't get it) but I just prayed and read and sought God to work out the details and he came through more than I could have expected! (I ended up not only working there for the summer, but for 15 months total!)
And the same thing happened when I landed the job I currently hold. I wasn't really looking for a job, even though I knew I was about to desperately need one. I was at church one week and ran into the wife of one of my pastors. We started chatting about jobs (she knew I was about to not have a job) and she told me to send her my resume because the newspaper she works for may be hiring. A month and 2 interviews later, I was offered the job! And I was only without a job for 2 weeks. I wasn't pursuing, I wasn't stressing, I was just seeking God. 

When we sit at the feet of Jesus, he longs to give us everything that he has to offer. He knows the desires of our hearts better than we do even and he knows when and how each desire will effect us and when is the best time to grant them.

So why do I continue to stress about things? I'm not any better than anyone else, because even though I know this to be true, I don't live like I believe it, like everything depends on it.

This verse reminds me that I do not need to stress because I AM has me taken care of.
I am he, I am  he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. {Isaiah 46:4b}

No comments:

Post a Comment