Monday, January 16, 2012

Just one

I am so blessed by the people in my life over and over again and for new reasons every day!
Recently I have been begging God for "a person." Someone that was headed the same direction that I am and that I can open up to about what He is doing in my life and not feel judged. God always surprises me in the most interesting ways!

I recently had dinner with a friend that I have known basically all of my life. We have gone through strange spurts in our friendship, but have always kept in touch. (I never thought I would be so close to someone that told me one of their goals in life was to read through the dictionary!)
She has been my sounding board, my shoulder, my inspiration and also my truth giver on so many occasions and I am so thankful for it. I think we balance each other out quite nicely too. She is eccentric and artistic, and all the things that I am not.

While sitting at dinner, Bible out, talking freely about the things of God and the Holy Spirit, something unexpected hit me. She was the "person" I had been praying for. I had over-looked her somehow. I had taken our strange friendship for granted.

I have never been someone who had a ton of friends. Honestly, in high school and much of college I kind of felt like a loner. I am not overly talkative in groups and tend to prefer the back of the room to front and center, so I am pretty used to doing things on my own. Recently I have gone through a major fluctuation of relationships in my life from being in the center of the group to on the outskirts again and it was a bit unnerving. I was broken about it and was crying out to God to just send me one person. He definitely came through for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment