Monday, March 25, 2013

Powerful words

I believe that if something is brought to my attention over and over again in the course of a few weeks from all different walks of life, that it is something I should consider. The concept of words and the power they hold has been brought up by many different people in different corners of my life. I believe that words have power in everyday life, but I forget to consider their power in my spiritual life. I forget that Satan hears my words and either feeds into them or trembles at them. When I let my worry or gossip slip from my lips, he hears that and can use them to haunt me. But when he hears me proclaim truth in the name of Jesus, he trembles.

I want to be the type of person who has encouragement and praise on her lips and not cynicism and gossip. I don't want to give the enemy any more ammunition than he already has. I want to declare truth through my words with The Word!

Here are a few things that I am claiming:

• I am deeply loved by The One who created the heavens and the earth and every person/creature/thing in it.

• No matter what lies I might be believing, there is truth to be found in asking and reading

• I will not worry about any uncertainty about my job because God has it under control. I will wait on His timing because it is perfect and I will go wherever He directs me.

• God has blessings in store for all of us. Pray, seek, serve, praise. These things unlock so much in the spiritual realm.

• God is carefully planning my future. He has awesome plans for me, I will not give up hope.

I will call on the name of the Lord and He will hear my words. Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment