Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankfulness

As you may have seen, many people are doing a "Thankfulness Challenge" of some sort or another this month, and with Thanksgiving around the corner who can blame them?

I decided that I needed to be more thankful for the things that I have and the people I have in my life, not just this month, but in general. So I wanted to try to thank someone in my life for something they have done for me every day this month (and more in the future). I am so glad that I am doing this. It is only Nov. 8 but this month has been so great already!

I have thanked bosses for all they do, coworkers for silly but important things they do, ministry leaders, people who have had an impact in my life, my parents, and friends. There are many more people to come, and I can't wait to see how God uses my thankfulness in my life and the lives of those around me.

One of the weirdest experiences that I have noticed is to be thanked for a thank you note. I say thank you and they say thank you back. Something about that seems a little strange! I guess that may be one of the cool things I have seen God do with my thankfulness, it has encouraged others to be thankful as well. And that is never a bad thing!

Who are you thankful for in your life? Have you told them lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment