Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A thankful heart

All too often I find myself spiraling downward into cynicism and a poor me attitude. I can feel that starting inside me lately. There are plenty of things in my life that I can find to complain about and spend my time upset or worrying about, but is that the best use of my time? Jesus died for me, shouldn't that count for something in my every day life. I think many times I have the mindset that what Jesus did when he died on the cross only impacts my eternity, the time after I die or Jesus returns, but that is so far off the mark! What he did should impact my every waking hour. I am so thankful for his love and mercy for me that changed my world forever and I don't want to sit around and complain about my life, I want to live a thankful life.
So I have compiled a list of things just today that I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful for:

1. The beautiful morning this morning
2. The rain that our ground so desperately needed
3. God's provision in giving us a house to live in
4. An old friend buying me dinner last week
5. My niece and nephew
6. My parents ability and willingness to help out as much as they are needed
7. An understanding boss
8. Free concert tickets
9. Old friends who are closer now than ever before
10. Long distance friends who are missed
11. Money to buy a little espresso pick-me-up this morning
12. The ability to work more hours
13. Friends lives that prove love is still possible
14. Ability to write this blog while at work
15. A church family who cares about me


What do you have to be thankful for? When you actually take the time to write out your thankfulness it makes you realize how blessed you really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment