Monday, March 19, 2012

Steps to change the world

Have you ever come to a place in life where you have only 2 options: walk away or make a change? I am at one of those forks in the road right now and it is not an easy place to be. A big part of me wants nothing more than to walk away and not look back, but I feel like God keeps showing me that is not His desire for me. I have been trying to walk away, even run away at times, but it's just not working! Something just keeps pulling me back to where I don't really want to be. I have no other option but to recognize that it must be a divine intervention in the path of my life. Sometimes God interrupts a life to direct it back to His path when we have strayed.

There is a famous quote that says "Be the change you wish to see in the world" and I have to agree. If you see something that is wrong, don't sit around and complain about it, do something about it!

This is where I'm stuck: what now?
I've made up my mind to change, but how? Where do I start? What can I do to change something that is so much bigger than myself?

This is what I have so far:
• Start small
     No one can change the entire world at one time. Start by changing the things you have control over first, then work from there. Changing one person will eventually spread and grow and begin a revolution. Think dominoes!
• Realize that you have to change yourself before you can hope to change others
     No one is going to take you seriously until you become a role model of change
• Understand that you might ruffle some feathers along the way
     As long as you are going about things in a godly way it will eventually turn around. Don't take things too personally
• Pray
     Pray that God will teach you and guide you and speak through you in all situations, and that He will open doors and bring change in His timing. He is faithful in all things.
• Settle old issues
     It is like trying to roll uphill if you try to change things before resolving things in the past
• Read God's words
     We cannot bring change for God when we don't know what He has to say
• Do everything in humility and love
     The Bible says that if we lack love we are like a resounding gong or smashing symbols. No one listens when they feel threatened or put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment