Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Tippy Top of the list

A couple days before Christmas my niece called me all excited because Santa had been at the Christmas party she was on her way home from. She said, "Guess what! I saw Santa today and he showed me his good list and guess where I was on the list? I was on the tippy top! I don't really know why because I was kinda bad this year." I love the honesty of a 6 year old! But it got me thinking. That is a lot like how I feel about God's mercy and grace toward me.

I'm kind of bad too, but He still wants to bless me for some reason. I sin daily, but God still cares for me and extends grace to me above and beyond what I would expect. Praise God that He loves me too much to give me what I actually deserve, which is death and eternity in Hell.

2 Peter 1:2 "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;"

James 4:6 But he gives us more grace. This is why it says, God stands against the proud, but favors the humble."

No comments:

Post a Comment